top of page

About Atomic Electrical Services

Atomic Electrical Services is a leading provider of comprehensive electrical services, catering to both residential and commercial clients. Our team is dedicated to delivering top-notch electrical solutions to meet the unique needs of our customers. We take pride in our work and strive to exceed expectations with our reliable service and exceptional workmanship.
From electrical installations and repairs to maintenance and inspections, we are committed to ensuring the safety and efficiency of your electrical systems. Our passion for excellence and customer satisfaction sets us apart from the competition, making us the preferred choice for all electrical needs.

All employees undergo comprehensive DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks as part of our stringent hiring process, ensuring that individuals working within our organization have undergone thorough background screenings, including criminal record checks, to safeguard the safety and security of our clients and maintain the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in our workplace environment.


Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I know if I need electrical services?
    You may need electrical services if you're experiencing issues like frequent power outages, flickering lights, tripping circuit breakers, or if your electrical system is outdated.
  • Do I need a professional electrician for minor electrical repairs?
    While you can handle simple tasks like changing light bulbs, it's safer to hire a professional electrician for any repairs involving wiring, outlets, switches, or circuit breakers to avoid safety hazards.
  • How often should I have my electrical system inspected?
    It's recommended to have your electrical system inspected by a licensed electrician at least once every 5 to 10 years depending on the installation, or sooner if you notice any signs of electrical problems.
  • Can I install new electrical fixtures myself?
    It's generally safer to hire a licensed electrician for installations to ensure compliance with building regulations (BS7671) and safety standards. DIY installations can pose risks of fire or electric shock if done incorrectly.
  • How can I improve energy efficiency in my home or business?
    Professional electricians can recommend energy-efficient lighting solutions, appliances, and electrical upgrades such as programmable thermostats, motion sensors, and smart home automation systems to reduce energy consumption and lower utility bills.
  • What should I do in case of an electrical emergency?
    In case of an electrical emergency such as sparking outlets, burning smells, or power outages, immediately turn off the power at the circuit breaker and contact a licensed electrician for emergency repairs.
  • What is Part P?
    Part P refers to Part P of the Building Regulations in England and Wales. It specifically relates to electrical safety in dwellings and aims to reduce the risk of electrical hazards and fires in residential properties. Part P regulations require that certain electrical work in homes must be carried out by a qualified electrician who is registered with a government-approved scheme, such as NICEIC. This includes most electrical installation work, alterations, additions, and repairs in kitchens, bathrooms, gardens, and other areas of the home. Compliance with Part P ensures that electrical installations meet safety standards and are inspected and certified by competent professionals, providing peace of mind for homeowners and tenants. Failure to comply with Part P regulations can result in penalties and may invalidate insurance coverage.
  • Do I need to use a Part P Electrician?
    In England and Wales, you need to use a Part P registered electrician for certain types of electrical work carried out in dwellings, particularly for major installations, alterations, and repairs. Part P regulations require that electrical work in certain areas of the home, such as kitchens, bathrooms, and gardens, must be completed by a qualified electrician who is registered with a government-approved scheme, such as NICEIC. However, there are some exceptions to this requirement. For example, minor electrical work like changing a light bulb or replacing a socket faceplate may not require the use of a Part P electrician. It's always best to consult with a qualified electrician or your local authority to determine whether Part P regulations apply to your specific electrical project. Overall, using a Part P registered electrician ensures that the electrical work in your home meets safety standards and is certified by competent professionals, providing peace of mind and ensuring compliance with building regulations.
bottom of page